In June, 1948, a young couple, Leslie and Lourdes Fernandez, started a clinic with two beds.
From these humble beginnings, it grew over the years to 40 beds,
at which point they handed over the reins of the hospital to their daughter, Dr. Evita Fernandez. In 1992, the old structures were razed to the ground. On February 12, 1993, the 75th birthday of Dr. Lourdes, she and Dr. Leslie jointly laid the foundation stone of the present building at Bogulkunta, which was inaugurated on August 25, 1996. On January 8, 2011 a second hospital, dedicated to high risk mothers and babies, was opened at Hyderguda. The two hospitals together with the new Stork Home unit at Banjara Hills have a combined strength of 320 beds, offering the latest technology and expertise.