Fernandez Hospital’s Department of Fetal Medicine conducted a hands-on Doppler Course in Clinical Obstetrics on 13th, 14th and 15th April 2017. The course aimed at those wanting to introduce Doppler into their obstetric ultrasound practice and those already practicing obstetricDoppler but wanting a better understanding of various aspects of the subject.
The course was coordinated by Head of Fetal Medicine, Dr. Suseela Vavilala. The faculty consisted of Fetal Medicine consultants Dr. Geeta Kolar, Dr. Aparna Kuppa, Dr. Saritha, Dr Swati Vyas, Dr. Arati Singh. All of them also gave hands-on training.
Apart from the Faculty, other Doctors who have given Hands-on training are Dr. Kamala K, Dr. Pratibha Reddy, Dr. Geetanjli Behl and Dr. Surabhi Dube. Delegates from all over the country appreciated the faculty and the well-coordinated course with an overwhelming “excellent” feedback.
Doppler has numerous indications in obstetrics like impaired placentation and its complications of pre-eclampsia, intrauterine growth restriction and perinatal death; assessment of the fetal circulation is essential in the better understanding of the pathophysiology of a wide range of pathological pregnancies and their clinical management.
1. Workshop is good and useful to us for upgrading our skills.
2. More time required for hands on training.
3. More number of cases for hands on training.
4. I feel extremely privileged to attend this workshop. Many of my ideas about Obstetric Dopplergot refined and I am sure it will definitely add a value to the Obstetric care I am providing my patients. All the best to the team for all the good work you are putting in.
5. I would suggest giving the study material after registration, as it helps better in orienting ourselves to study and prepare a little before coming. Is there any weekly or monthly class which I can attend? Your team coordination and hospitality is great.
6. Excellently organized Workshop. A very satisfying experience. Support staff were very good in helping us getting accommodation. Course is very well put together and content is very relevant.
7. Realized the mistake I have been doing in the Dopplers till now. Definitely will improve. Learnt other vessel Dopplers. Excellent. All those doing scans must attend.
8. Instead of case discussions, particle demonstration can be given. Enjoyed learning.