Fernandez Hospital Caesarean Section Rates OCTOBER 2017
The litmus test for any hospital would be group 1. This group encompasses the woman with a singleton baby with head down position, uncomplicated pregnancy and who sets into labour spontaneously. A CSR in this group is vital as it impacts the woman’s future obstetric career. We at Fernandez Hospital focus on the first four groups of Robson as these women have never had a caesarean before. The distribution of our deliveries into the specific 10 groups is shown below.
- Blue represents Group 1 - 5 : term, cephalic population
- Grey represents Group 6 and 7 : breech
- Green represents Group 8 : multifetal pregnancy
- Brown represents Group 9 : abnormal lie, where vaginal delivery is not
- Orange represents Group 10 : preterm cephalic births