- Centralized appointments are now available 24x7, call toll free 1800 419 1397 for assistance. Please click here to book an appointment for your consultation.
- Relief from common pregnancy discomforts such as lower back pain, nausea, insomnia, headaches, shortness of breath and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Women who regularly practice Yoga during pregnancy are less likely to have preterm labour or to deliver a low-birth weight baby.
- The practice of Yoga heightens the expectant mother’s consciousness of her own body and the child growing within her, helping to strengthen the bond between mother and baby.
- Breathing exercises provide relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety.
- A regime of specifically targeted Asanas helps correct posture, improve balance, flexibility and reinforce the pelvic muscles.
- Toning and strengthening of muscles relieves back pain and the improvement in circulation helps to reduce swelling and related discomfort.
- The Yoga class gives an opportunity for pregnant women to share their experiences.
Fernandez Hospital offers a pregnancy wellness regime made for your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing to achieve natural, healthy, and normal delivery.
It includes proper breathing and relaxation techniques to build and maintain a healthy mind and body balance.
During pregnancy your body experiences an accelerated pace of change and needs help adjusting and compensating. Prenatal Yoga helps to support the changes that happen by offering you healthy, safe ways to stretch the muscles and strengthen your body– the lower back in particular – to help support your growing belly.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga: