- Fernandez's new Outpatient Clinic at Necklace Road, Sec'bad, opens Nov 20, 2023. Appointments: 18004191397 / 04040222397. Find us Here.
- Centralized appointments are now available 24x7, call toll free 1800 419 1397 for assistance. Please click here to book an appointment for your consultation.
- Shorter labour
- Less chances of a caesarean birth
- Reduced need of pain medication
- Reduced need for interventions
- Reduced need of having an assisted delivery
- Increase in partner’s confidence
- Facilitating mother-baby bonding
- Helping the mother to initiate breastfeeding immediately after birth
- Helping to have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience
Who’s a doula?
A Doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to you and your partner during labour and birth. A Doula meets you during your pregnancy and gets to know you and your preferences. She also extends her care during post birth to help with feeding and newborn care.
Benefits of having a birth doula
Research has proved that continuous support by a Doula has many benefits including:
When to book a Doula service?
It is NOT possible to book the Doula Services during labour. It should be booked in advance as we have limited Doula requests per month. The ideal time to meet your Doula would be between week 28 and 34 of your pregnancy, so that you have enough time to discuss your birth preferences with your Doula.